Saturday 2 March 2019

Oink, Oink - Pig Birthday Wishes

Hey stampers, Anni here!

This card is totally inspired by fellow craft makers! This super cute stamp set called Hogs and Kisses by Mama Elephant I bought because I kept seeing so many fantastic creations by crafty friends. I couldn't resist anymore.
And the colour combination I used for this card was introduced to me by fabulous Nichol Spohr. So that was the starting point for my card.



I started by ink blending the background. I masked of a stripe on my card panel and used Distress Inks in Abandoned Coral and Dried Marigold. Then I applied glitterpaste through Newton's Nook Cloudy Sky stencil. But I didn't use the whole background but masked groups of clouds.


While the background dried I stamped the images using a light ink because I wanted to do No Line Colouring again. I coloured the pig using pencils, just the black parts like the eyes, the nostrils and the string of the balloon I drew with a black gel pen. Then I fussy cut the image (there are coordinating dies available).

For the sentiment I used one of the many punny sentiments in the set. I heat embossed it in white and cut it into narrow stripes. Then I assmebled the card! And also added in some tiny hearts that I die cut using Mama Elephant's Confetti Creative Cuts.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team