Monday 4 March 2019

Coffee for Mum

 I've got a card for you today that would be ideal for Mother's Day but to be honest you 
don't need a special day to send a thank you card and it's perfect for those 
Mums that love coffee....aka.... my Mum 😉


I've dug out an older set from Concord & 9th called Lets Chat and stamped out the two cups and saucers. I've watercoloured them, trying hard to let the layers dry so I could get the deliberate harsh lines in the shades and shadows. When the images were dry I stamped the heart in unicorn white pigment ink a few times to get coverage and did the same with the 'For You' sentiment in the second cup. It was a perfect size for the cup and font style for Barista art!!


To stamp the cloth I have used the Cozy Plaid set from Lil Inkers which is unfortunately out of stock at the moment but should be back very soon.... an alternative could be Brushed Plaid from Lil Inkers.

I completed the card by masking and stamping a sentiment using MFT's Gift card Greetings and Pretty Painted Alpha. 
For the card base I used the awesome new Background stamp from Hero Arts called Ocean Waves Bold prints with Dusty Blue ink on Moonstone card for a tone on tone look... I love the subtle effect :)

I think this card would be perfect to slip a giftcard inside, in fact if you changed up the 
greeting it would be suitable for anyone and not just for Mother's Day 😉

   
 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


2 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is wonderful! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! The watercoloring is amazing and you picked out images and background stamps that perfectly complimented each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team