Sunday 3 March 2019

Church Wedding

You don't often see me use alcohol inks - it's a medium I rarely have much success with to be honest, but today I've managed to use them to make a stained glass window wedding card.


The idea struck me when I spotted the new "Ballroom Window" die from Hero Arts as to me the shape screamed stained glass church window.

I started by creating my church wall using narwahl and fog cardstock from lawnfawn.  I used the stone wall die from Tim Holtz's Mixed Media #4 die set from Sizzix and die cut twice rotating it to make a rectangle.  I ended up with a couple of corners of solid cardstock so I  just partially die cut those with the same die.  I poked out all the "stones" and then glued the "waste" to the darker card so it looked like the mortar holding the darker stones together.

To create the window I used the outer frame that comes with the die to remove the wall where I wanted a window (if only it was that easy in real life!) and then cut the decorative frame from more fog cardstock.

To create the stained glass I roughly cut a piece of acetate a little larger than the window frame  and used flamingo pink, plum, eggplant and stream alcohol inks to add random dots of colour on the back.  I then used some blending solution on a scrap of felt to "pounce" on the dots and move the colours around a bit - as I say - I am NOT an expert with alcohol inks so just muddle my way along often with disastrous results, but this one seemed to work out quite well.   I glued the acetate with the ink side facing the back, behind my wall panel and then glued the decorative frame to the front.

I finished with a sentiment from the new Hero Arts Occasions stamp set stamped with Cobalt Archival Ink from Ranger.


NEWS FROM THE STORE

It will be a quieter week in terms of actual new items coming into store but it's a busy week for us for ordering all the new releases that will be out later in the month.

We will have the brand new release from Waffle Flower Crafts in store on release day which is on 5th March.

We also have some Echo Park/Carta Bell and Simple Stories paper pads and stencils and embossing folders to add this week.

The latest release from Lil' Inker Designs has been ordered - we no longer get early access so it will always be here a couple of weeks after release.

We will be ordering Lawn Fawn restocks too but they normally take 3-4 weeks to process orders so it will be a while before they come back and we won't know what is out of stock until it arrives.

That's all the news today.

Laters

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team