Friday 22 March 2019

Spring Pile up for Easter

We had our last book group before Easter this week so as is traditional shared some little gifts with each other.   I bought us all a book and made some cute Easter themed bookmarks to go in them.


I opted for the super cute Spring Pile up stamps from last months' release from Newton's Nook as not only are they perfectly themed for Easter but they are the perfect shape when paired with the matching die for a bookmark too!

I stamped a whole row of them onto some Kraft cardstock from Lawn Fawn which is just the perfect texture for colouring with pencils.  I used a mixture of polychromos, prismacolour and a new white pencil which is a pitt pastel soft by faber and castel which was recommended in a drawing class I'm taking online and I love how it goes on and it leaves a really love "feel" behind on the card too.  Very stroakable!

I spent a haapy evening in front of the TV colouring up 8 of these adorable images - I find batch colouring like that really relaxing as you just repeat it so there is less stress about what to colour after the first.

Once all were complete I die cut them with the coordinating die and then used some of the lovely new hero arts cardstock to die cut a "back" into which I could embed the die cut sentiment - you could just stick the sentiment on top but I wanted them super smooth so nothing would stick in the books.   I used pesto and mustard to keep on the spring theme but you could use any colour you like - just remember to keep all the "middles" of the letters when you die cut the word out of your base colour so you add them back in and not leave any holes.

I used a good layer of lawn fawn glue to stick the two layers together and left them under my big acrylic blocks to dry good and hard and flat.






Happy Spring!

Tara

2 comments:

  1. I've not seen this award yet! It's super and I love the concept! reviewworldill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. I love your work. Keep sharing.
    Painting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team