Sunday 31 March 2019

Complimentary Colours

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all the UK mums out there patiently waiting for their breakfast in bed to arrive......

Today I wanted to show that with a bit of imagination and a craft knife, you take Lawn Fawn's reveal wheel and use it with pretty much any stamp in your stash.  I had a fun idea of how to use it with Neat & Tangled's Complementary Colors set.


Firstly I die cut the reveal wheel from white card and then placed a template from the essentials set in place on top and laid my stamps on top using the template to ensure that the areas I wanted to become windows were in the correct place.  I popped a large acrylic block on top so that I picked my stamps up in their exact position, removed the template, inked up the stamps and stamped them in place. 

I then created the windows by popping the template back over and lightly drawing around the window with a pencil and used a kraft knife to cut away the window areas that fell inside the paint tubes.  I did this before colouring so I could make sure it all worked without wasting time and ink.

I divided the wheel itself into 4 quarters using a ruler and the markers I'd selected (pencil will show) from a real colour wheel that were opposite each other (red and green, blue and orange) and then coloured the inside of the whole wheel to just inside the scored line for the scalloped edge.  I popped that temporarily in place to make sure I'd cut the correct areas and that the colours showed correctly.


Then if was just a case of colouring the images on the front, adding the sentiment and popping it onto a base card which I covered with a piece of rainbow paper to emphasise the colour theme.

I hope this has given you ideas of how to make more of your reveal wheel - the possibilities are endless so shop  your stash and see what else might work!




NEWS FROM THE STORE

It's a quieter for deliveries, but being the first week of the month, it tends to be the time when all the monthly-releasing brands make their new releases available to order so I'll be busy sorting that.

Tomorrow sees the release of Chapter 2 for Sizzix though and we have some of that - particularly the Tim Holtz stuff which is fabulous as usual.  It should be live mid-to-late afternoon.

There is also a new Stamping Bella release later this week but it hasn't shipped yet so we are unlikely to have it this week.   We'll get it live as soon as we can after arrival.  We don't do it before as we cannot guarantee our orders are correct so only add stock once its been checked off to avoid your disappointing in buying something that didn't turn up.

Watch this space!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team