Friday 1 July 2016

Abstract Stencilling.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm stretching my stencil patterns...


...and coming up with some pretty abstract results.


I used Hero Arts Triangle Pattern Stencil on both of my cards.  The blue card is on white cardstock, and the red is on kraft.


I taped my card panel down using low-tack tape, then taped my stencil over the top and inked through, (the kraft card is purple, red and white ink, and the blue card is 3 different greeny blues).  Once my first colour was down, (which was just the first one I grabbed for - I didn't over-think the process), I lifted up my stencil up and simply shifted it slightly to a different position, (again, not over-thinking it), just hoping when I lifted the stencil it would reveal something cool, which it did, so I shifted my stencil again, and put a third colour down.


Once my inking was complete, I took Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hugs, and Scripty Cheers, and cut one each from each card.  I cut the same dies from white foam to add dimension to my die-cuts, and in-laid my pieces back into my card.  I then cut another layer from vellum backed with Stick-It adhesive and added that over the top of my die cut to help it stand out from the strong background pattern.  I completed my sentiment using one of those manual label makers I have had for years, but if you don't have one, there are a few different stamp sets from a few different companies, (Mama Elephant Labelled Messages, Altenew Label Love, Neat & Tangled Everyday Labels to name a few, but be sure to go search the store), which will give you the exact same effect.  



The crazy abstract patterns my stencil had created was quite busy enough for me, so, after embellishing with a few black enamel hearts, and mounting onto card bases, I left my cards there.


I really hope you like them, and that it inspires you to re-check your stencils and see what crazy patterns they can create.

As always, everything I have used is linked below, so be sure to have a look.

See you next week.

Jillx

Hero Arts Triangle Pattern StencilScripty Hugs Lawn Cuts Image 1Scripty Cheers Lawn Cuts

Stick It

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team