Monday 18 April 2016

A Lorry Load of Coffee.....

.... is just the tonic for a Monday morning *wink*

Hello there :)
I have a fun card for you today that can be easily adapted for other occasions like BIG Round Numbered birthdays or simply a great idea for kids cards ... come and see :)


I love the opening panel die in the latest MFT Blueprints 28 and I immediately thought it looked like the back end of a lorry... as you do :) I cut the piece in red (.. yes, I've watched Postman Pat too many times.. Lol ) and used an MFT tag set to make tyres and wing mirrors in black and mirri card, it really started to take shape once I made the number plate which is just hand-cut simple squares and rectangles.
Once all your pieces are cut, assembly is quite easy... I adhered mine with foam tape to a top folding card base which is the same size as the frame or you could adhere all the pieces to a larger card base and build a scene up around the lorry.


Well my lorry is laden with coffee... a gift card actually, and I'd love to have been successful in making the door concertina upwards but I tried that and it just didn't work. Instead the door lifts up and reveals a rather large take-out cup in the back of the lorry....


..... which of course is printed on the gift card, thank you Costa :)  I used the Gift card grooves from MFT to cut notches on the base card before assembling the lorry and this is also the best time to think about the colour inside your lorry too ;)


For the outside logo I have used a Coffee word die from Sugar Pea designs and a phrase from Reverse Confetti's For the Love of Latte. The personalised number plate was stamped with Banner Alpha Bits and to keep the door shut I found it easiest to add the circular 'doodad' to the frame, that way the door tucks down behind it ;)


As I mentioned earlier, this would be great for those BIG birthdays... how about squeezing a huge birthday cake or a large number in the back of the lorry.... it doesn't have to be for gift cards!! You could even turn the frame 180° so the back opens downwards to form a ramp...ideal for filling with animals of all kinds... I'm sure you can think of many more ideas, its one of those projects you could personalise to the recipient :)

The tag set I used for the wheels and mirrors have plain edges and are not available in store, the set below are the same dimensions but have a pierced edge to them or this set have a stitched edge to them.


    


    

Thanks for stopping by... I'm off to get my own coffee although not quite as large as the one above ;)

Jenny x

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team