Sunday 24 April 2016

Golden hues

There was only one product I could play with today as I've been waiting to get my grubby little mits on the Starry Colors Gansai Tambi watercolour paint set from Kuretake ever since I saw them at the Trade Show in February!   These paints are the dogs do-dahs!   Six shades of gold from blue, red and yellow gold through champagne, light and white gold all highly pigmented with micas so they coverage is just superb.   Here's a photo of my set open so you can see the lovely colours more closely.


I wanted something to show off all the colours on one project so decided to have a go at a golden bouquet of flowers.  Now I am not very good at watercolour - I've taken classes but I am never going to be like Dawn from Wplus9, but the one thing I can do is fake it with embossing!   So here is my project (excuse the bits of me in the mirri card - so hard to photograph metallic projects!)


After embossing the Organic Blooms from Mama Elephant onto black card with a cream embossing powder I just "filled in" the areas with the paint.  I used red and yellow gold on the flowers with a tiny bit of light gold for extra highlights. I started with the yellow gold at the top of the petals and then when that was dry added red gold at the bottom and feathered it over the yellow without too much water so the paint is nice and thick.  The small leaves are white gold all over with a little champagne for contrast.  The large leaves in the middle are blue gold, light gold with white gold highlights.   Sentiments is from the same stamp set.

I want to have a go at a golden sunset on watercolour paper next using them with my other gansai paints and with more water so they are more translucent - the possibilities are endless!   We will have the other gansai paint sets soon but are waiting for more stock to arrive in the UK from Japan.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • As well as the paints from Kuretake we also have alcohol markers, clean color brush pens, wink of stella, wink of luna, sketching pens and a variety of glue pens  https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/kuretake.html
  • Whilst we're on golden stuff - we have foils back in stock including two new shades - black and irridescent https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/thermoweb.html
  • The products that were missing from our last Altenew order have now reached the UK so we should have them in the next day or so.
  • We have a restock order in for our felt sample packs but they take a while to be cut and packaged - we will get them back asap.
  • We will have some Art Impressions restocks and a few new items this week too. 

We have discovered that there is an issue with our newsletter and that if you signed up on the main website page on the new site then you may not be getting the newsletter.  We are working on it but it may take a while to find a solution.  If you aren't getting it - try using the sign up form on our Facebook page instead as we know that form is working!  https://www.facebook.com/SevenHillsCrafts/app/100265896690345/


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I ordered these paints from you yesterday and can't wait to get them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just got some GT paints and these look gorgeous too! These are on my list :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team