Monday 25 April 2016

Top Dog


Hi there and happy Monday :)

I have a simple card to share with you today and it's going back to my love of retro colours and illustration again...


These adorable little dogs are from MFT's Top Dog stamp set, the style of the images is perfect to recreate that retro look. I have stamped each dog onto a square of white card and then chose three colours of copic marker to colour them in...making sure not to colour all the way to the edge.  For the white areas I used a light grey to add some shadow


For a subtle background on the card base I masked the two edges and then used Avery Elle Silver Fox pigment ink with the Myriad Dot background stamp.... I love how it adds a soft detail and mimics the grey marker pen too :)



I chose that little doggie with a hat on to sit under the sentiment.... he looks suitably smug enough to be top dog :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card - cute and whimsical. I'm trying to be good and not buy anything crafty for a month but these stamps are now on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this card. Great use of the stamps. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team