Monday 11 April 2016

Simple Floral Patterns

Hi there :)

I'm back making patterns again... this time it's simple stamping with florals.... no masking involved :)


This Fresh Cut Flowers set from Lil Inkers is just perfect for this design as the stylised shapes lend themselves to random patterns in retro colour schemes. With such a busy pattern taking centre stage you only need to add a sentiment tab and you're done :) I find it easier to stamp out a pattern onto a slightly larger piece of card and then trim to size, the white card I used was not the same shade as the card base so I softly inked the edge of the panel with pale green ink and then the difference is not so noticeable :)


My second project is very simple too... I inked up the sweet Lia Griffiths/Hero Arts set called Just for You... another versatile set :) I decided to make a Gift card holder and stamp out a pattern so I could use every stamp in the set....


I took an off cut strip from a sheet of A4 card and scored it at 5 & 17.5cm to make a matchbook style card ..... I added black card to the fold over flap for a bit of contrast to the pattern which tucks behind a semi circular closure from this MFT Blueprints 16 die set.


I used a few bright colours of Prisma pencils for a whimsical design... I'm pleased how it turned out :)

                                              

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

5 comments:

  1. Fab projects! Love the retro card, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the first card, so clean and simple, but just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of these stamp sets. Fun and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Jenny. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gorgeous! Always love the full frontal stamping style (if you know what I mean!!!) Yet again I'm breaking my New Year resolution - NO MORE FLORAL STAMPS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team