Wednesday 27 April 2016

For you


Hello.
My card today uses the beautiful Flutter and floral dies and Sophisticated script stamps from Concorde and 9th.


I have seen in blog land people using brushes with distress inks  so I bought some cheap make up brushes just to see how or if it would work, and it did work :)
I knew I wanted an inky background for my card and I think by using the brushes with distress inks gives a good coverage and can go on lighter than when using a blending tool so perfect for those not wanting heavily saturated colour.
Of course you can add as  much or as little as you want.
Once I had added the ink to my water colour card, and flicked some water and gold glimmer mists for some extra detail. 
I then stamped the sentiment in black archival ink.
I die cut two of the butterflies and made sure to keep them whole.
Next I die cut another four butterflies from thick white card and adhered two to each other.
I placed them back in to the empty space on my panel and went about assembling the die cuts back into place.
The coloured butterflies  wee given a dusting of perfect pearls and added on to the white die cuts and then covered with glossy accents.
To finish I added some sequins and dots of gold stickles.


Flutter & Floral Die sophisticated script stamp

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! Impressed with the die cuts, are they new or have I been overlooking them? Love Concord and ninth's font. I saw a fab YouTube video using that alphabet. Think you've encouraged another purchase! Naughty girl😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Impressed with the die cuts, are they new or have I been overlooking them? Love Concord and ninth's font. I saw a fab YouTube video using that alphabet. Think you've encouraged another purchase! Naughty girl😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab! Very effective.
    all the best,

    Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card. The background is so cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Distress Inks are my favorite because they are SO versatile - as your lovely card just proved! Love all the inky goodness going on here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team