Friday 1 April 2016

A krafty bit of watercolour.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm watercolouring on kraft card.


Using Mama Elephant's Unicorns and Rainbows.


It would seem the craft world has gone crackers for unicorns recently, (not that I'm complaining), and there have been many releases featuring them, but these for sure are my favourites.  Just the right mix of cute and quirky.  You also get a load of cool sentiments and tons of cute images with the set to help build your scene up.


Now I'm a megafan of kraft card, and an equally sizable fan of watercolouring, but realised I had never mixed the two!  So decided to try it out.  After trying out a few different options, I ended up going with my Peerless watercolours as they seemed to turn out the most vivid, but was so surprised at how many different mediums worked really well against the darker kraft card.  Distress Inks looks awesome, Derwent Inktense pencils stayed bright, intense, and blended beautifully on there, so definitely get your supplies out and see what you like best. 
I started by stamping out my unicorn and colouring him, like I say, with Peerless watercolours, and fussy cut.  I snipped off his wings, and replaced them with some I'd stamped onto vellum and coloured from the back, using a Sakura Stardust pen, just for a little added interest.  I then die-cut my rainbow from my background panel, using Paper Smooches Rainbow die (fyi - this mega popular die is due back in store any minute now so keep your eyes peeled!), watercolured it accordingly, and in-laid it back in.  I then cut a couple of sets of Paper Smooches Curly Clouds, and built them up over my rainbow, adding my unicorn over the top using foam adhesive to finish of my magical little scene.


I added my sentiment, from the same gorgeous Unicorns and Rainbows set, and clear heat embossed.  I liked the clean simplicity of my card, so embellished with a few sequins, mounted onto a white card blank, and left it there.

I really hope you like my slightly more 'earthy' take on the good ol' majestic unicorn!

As always, everything I have used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Unicorns and Rainbows  Rainbow DiesCurly Clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team