Saturday 23 April 2016

Sticking My Neck Out

Hello crafters! I have a fun, fun, fun card for you today – something silly that will hopefully make you smile.

I stumbled across the Sweet Safari set by My Favorite Things by accident and the quirky animals stole my heart and I knew they had to come and live with me. I colored the giraffe for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge a while ago, and finally fussy cut it and put it on a card:


I wanted the warm tones of the giraffe to be the focal point, so I only added a bit of blue Distress Ink to the background and sprayed it with Perfect Pearl to add shimmer. I am still struggling to add super soft color gradients a la Laura Bassen – mine always turn out more intense than I want, but it's ok in this case.


To create some more contrast, I die cut the cloud shape but left it completely white. It contrasts with the blue sky and yellow giraffe, but doesn't add any additional color to the card – I have to remember to use white as a contrast more often.


Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the project. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team