Tuesday 19 April 2016

Bountiful Blooms






Hi! How are you this lovely day? With some sunshine peeking through in the window and falling on a vase on flowers in my house, I wanted to create a card full of flowers, but just using one flower. A natural looking bouquet would have lots of different types of flower, but I thought just one might be a challenge.

I've used the ever lovely Winnie and Walter In Bloom: Addie's Garden 
First off, I stamped and white embossed the flowers, then coloured them with Zig Clean Color pens. I've blended a couple of colours together on some of them to try and give the realism you might find in the real thing. I created a structure like this at the top of the card to support the design of the flowers.
I extended the length of the stalks, by pulling the colour further at each end of the stalk. Trim out the stalks and create a stack as if it was a hand tied bouquet. You can see a bow in the picture- that's because I added one initially and then decided against it. 

You can see here my original design and also to show you how I send cards like this- people have asked how to send them- just find an envelope larger than the card ;-) The sentiment is from The Party (Winnie & Walter)

                                               
Hope you enjoyed the blooms. They make a lovely card that's kind of a present at the same time- but without all the hassle of having to find a vase!!

See you next week,

Keren xx



11 comments:

  1. Wow absolutely stunning...such pretty flowers and loving the colouring in and those pretty stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow and more wow! What a clever and beautiful card. Going to have to CAS this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation! Love your bouquet of flowers Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, better late than never, but WOW WOW WOW........what a beautiful card and such a cool idea! The design, colors.....everything. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team