Tuesday 26 July 2016

A Musical Birthday!

Ta-dah! Birthdays are always accompanied with music; whether it's whilst blowing out the candles or dancing!
I recently got two Avery Elle sets and thought they combined perfectly to make a pretty birthday scene.




I die cut a circular portion off the card blank by slotting the card into the centre of a circular die so only the bottom edge of the card is touching the die. Make sure the back half of the card is lying flat or you'll die cut that too.
Then add an acetate bottom to the card. I love doing these as they really add more of a focal point to the card elements.

I've added the cut out floral element onto the card with foam pads. It helps make the scene look more dimensional and gives depth to the images.
I've added lots of little gel pen dots to the images- it makes them seem less 'flat' and adds more detail.
I've trimmed all of these animals out, but you could use the Band Camp Elle-ment dies to make your life a whole lot easier!

Hope my little musical interlude has inspired you to combine your stamp sets. 
Am off to sing in an opera right now.
Not.
Would love a voice to be able to do that. I'll live vicariously through the band camp stamp set instead ;-)

See you next week
xx


4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!! This is so colourful and beautiful!! What a terrific design and I'm defo pinning this!! Brilliant Keren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing Keren! I love the design and the fab colouring - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing! Really love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team