Monday 25 July 2016

Birthday Polaroid

Hello and happy Monday morning :)

It's been a hot week in the craftroom and Mr Mojo has obviously been off enjoying the summer this week too so I have a simple CAS card for you....


I needed a birthday card for someone who loves photography, although to be fair not with a Polaroid camera but this way I can have an interactive element on the card *wink* 


I love this simple sketched camera from Avery Elle and I wanted to use patterned paper but have it off set with the image. To do this I first stamped the image on scrap white copy paper and trimmed it out roughly then used it like a dressmakers pattern by lying it on the patterned paper and cutting around it. I was quite carefree with the scissors so as not to get an exact shape copy. After attaching the spotty paper to the card I stamped the image over the top making sure it was offset then did the same with the extra buttons and lens ring too...


The Polaroid is quite easy to make by cutting a slit in the front panel and posting the card through... I've shaped the card so it can't be pulled out the whole way and added a piece of foam tape to the back of the panel to stop it from disappearing back into the card too!! The sentiments are both made from Waffleflower stamp sets.... I kept the Polaroid quite simple and drew some burst lines around the phrase.

        


Thanks for stopping by... see you next week :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. Do like your version with this stamp; looks much cooler with the spotted paper. Love the interactive element too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team