Wednesday 6 July 2016

Tough Break!

Kate is taking a break from the blog for the rest of the month so you've got me again today - sorry!

I thought I'd make a quick card for my hubby to cheer him up after his accident this weekend.


It's very simple - I just stamped the kitty from Get Well Gang with his broken foot onto a kraft base card and coloured with pencils and added a sentiment to match underneath.  I cut a mask just bigger than the image and sentiment and then to add interest to an otherwise really CAS card I used the brand new background stamp from MFT which I think will be one of my most used stamps ever.  It has a sort of comic book dots effect and its called Scattered Surface Background.  I stamped it twice over the mask in grey and black, not taking too much care as I wanted some "bits" missing for a rougher effect.

The whole new release from MFT is brilliant this month - a special Birthday related release to celebrate their 10th Birthday!  

Right - back to packing your orders - see you Sunday!

Tara

3 comments:

  1. How appropriate for Rick! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your husband!!great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card. I love background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team