Friday 15 July 2016

Gentle colouring with soft ink blending.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm going for soft, sweet, and simple...


...by colouring with only a gentle ink blend.


I have used Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine for my main image and sentiment.  This set is one of those I continue to go back to again and again.  I just love the simplicity of it and thought it would work perfect with the gentle ink blending I had in mind.
I started by creating my background.  I used the cloud shape from Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio Creative Cut dies to create a mask, and softly, softly blended a pretty sky line, starting with a soft orange, moving onto a light pink, and finishing with some pastel blue greens.  


On a seperate piece of card, I stamped out these lovely little birdies from Hello Sunshine, and these cute balloons from Mama Elephant's Woodland Gifts and, using the same colours as my skyline, gently blended ink over my images taking special care to create a faded effect, so stronger colour at the bottom, fading off to almost nothing at the top.  I then fussy-cut my wee elements, chopping off (yikes) the tails from my balloons.


I stamped my wire and sentiment straight onto my inked background, and cut using one of Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle dies to add a nice finish.   I then glued my balloons and birdies in place (I actually stamped my birds out again onto the wire so their little feet would show without me having to fussy cut them), and tied some bits black string from my balloons to my birds beaks, glueing in place.
I created another gently inked skyline background in the exact same way but using a soft purple, and matted my panel onto it using foam adhesive for dimension.


  I wanted to keep this card really soft and simple, so skipped any embellishing and left it there.

I really hope you like it, as always, everything I have used is linked below so be sure to click and peek!

See you next week.

Jillx

Hello Sunshine Image 1Landscape Trio Creative Cuts Image 1Small Cross Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts

Woodland Gifts Image 1

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card with the prettiest of colours and fun stamps. Loving the background too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty, love your cloud background

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team