Wednesday 13 July 2016

Surprise Celebration!

Hi its me again!   I've got a fun interactive card using the new Bella 2.0 range from Stamping Bella but with an added twist of lemon.......


I thought it would be fun having Cosmoabella popping up out of a cocktail glass (OK it's a Margarita glass not a cosmo one but we'll just call that artistic license)  I used the Slide on Over dies from Lawn Fawn to make her pop up like a surprise out of a giant cake (or glass in this case).


As she is a little longer (and wider) than the stem on the glass, I added a strip of lemon paper from the new Summer Party pad from Echo Park which co-ordinated with the lemon die cut (part of the Margarita die set) which I used to conceal her hand.   I used my new favourite background stamp to add a little interest to the background panel too - Scattered Surface - its a great subtle pattern for all kinds of cards.

The word pull was stamped using the Avery Elle mini alphabet stamp and my tip for keeping the pull bar straight is to add a couple of strips of card either side of the mechanism to keep it in place.  I used a small foam square to attach the bella to the strip through the slider bar.

Hope you give a "pop up suprise" card a go - the possibilities are endless!


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team