Saturday 23 July 2016

Going Nuts with Die-Cut Leftovers

Hi fellow crafters! I created a die-cut window for an entire scene, with overlapping images for a project I've shared in the past. I didn’t throw away the die-cut pieces from that card, but rather used them on today’s project. Check it out!


I know that at first glance, you might think: but those pieces are incomplete! But that’s ok! You can get the same effect as if you’d done some masking and stamping, only here you don’t even need masks ;)

The Copic coloring on Kraft paper is something I am really enjoying because it can lead to stunning effects. The type of effect you get will depend on the type of paper you use, so give it a try. If you are really careful with your markers, you could even heat emboss the stamp outline in white to get more contrast.


For the watercolor background, start out with very little color if you want a soft color wash. I often overdo it in my attempt to get vibrant colors, but opting for a soft background can be beneficial, especially when you are blending between colors. The more intense the colors are, the more difficult it becomes to blend nicely.


And I am really enjoying adding patterned paper to my cards as well, especially bold colors like these black stripes. It’s something I have admired Francine for for a very long time and finally I have worked up the nerve to give this a go myself.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Fun idea and loving the scene you've created. Pretty background and loving the stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team