Sunday 17 July 2016

Anyone for Ice Cream?

Apparently we about to get a mini-heatwave here in the UK (but only for a couple of days cos we're not allowed a real summer!) so I thought I'd make some suitably summery cards featuring ice-cream and lollies to get us all in the mood :-)

Newton's Nooks 3rd Birthday release has some brilliant summery products and I jumped straight away for the Dog Days of Summer set as I loved it as soon as I saw it last month - I do love a stamp with added humour.   I thought it would be fun to make the doggy with the ice cream work for his treat so I made another slider (sorry I am sure you're fed up of these already but I am LOVING making them!) 


I stamped him onto thick card and coloured with copics and then carefully cut him out so I could separate the ice cream from his tongue.  I added a spin and slide disc directly under the dogs head (the discs will be back in stock early this week) and die cut 3 circles of card to match the depth of the disc and added those behind his bottom to keep him level when he moves.

The base card was decorated with appropriately themed papers from the Summer Party pad by Echo Park (there is matching lolly washi tape too!) and finished with a sentiment from Big Birthday Sentiments.  A strip of card and a hand drawn arrow finish the slider mechanism and let the doggy get his ice cream.



For my next card I wanted to play with the fun lollies in the Party Pops stamp set (die is en-route if you're waiting for it and will hopefully be here by the end of the week)  I thought a rainbow of lollies would be the perfect quick card for a child's birthday so I went to town with some brightly coloured MFT inks and repeat stamped just one image from the set (too much mixed pattern with the colour would have been too much but you could repeat the process with all 6 images and create a fun set of cards as a gift)  You add the little stick to your chosen lolly which makes the set really versatile.  I finished with a sentiment from the set over the top to keep the card super-CAS.


If you want to know the ink choice I used Wild Cherry, Orange FizzSunshine, Sour Apple, Blu Raspberry, Grape Jelly, Razzleberry and Cotton Candy




NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • It will be a slightly quieter week this week - we should have had the Mama Elephant release but July is their "release free" month so they will be back with a bang on 15th August!
  • We will have restocks from MFT early this week - including some of the Birthday Bears which sold out really fast first time around.
  • We will also be getting the new release from Lil' Inker Designs but it is not released until 25th July so you'll have to wait until a week on Monday for that one.
  • We have our order in for Lawn Fawn's massive new release but please remember it will not be here until mid to late August.

 Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Wednesday when I'm covering for Kate again.

Tara









3 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards - just love that dog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun slider card with the dog and his ice cream.
    Like your colouring of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards - the lolly one is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team