Sunday 10 July 2016

Celebrate with Cake!

I have a fun card to share today with the new MFT products which are so great for Birthday cards.


I used the adorable Beary Special Birthday by Birdie Brown and wanted to combine two of the cake images with a sentiment from Big Birthday Sentiments so used Blueprints 28 for a little card interactivity!   I started with some thick white card and die cut the main part of the die with it - this gives you an open flap and I stamped the bear carrying the cake onto the front of the flap.  I cut another piece of white card slightly smaller and put it underneath, drawing a light pencil outline through the open flap to allow me to work out where to stamp my "inside" image.  I coloured both with copics.


For the sentiment - the one I selected I wanted to split into two - one part on the outside and one on the inside.  Last week I talked about "cutting" stamps but I know that can be scary so I wanted to show you another trick - using washi tape to cover up the bits you don't want before inking.


You can see here I used some tape to cover up the part of the sentiment I used on the outside before inking up the bottom line - if you take some care to "tuck" the tape into the gap you can use this trick on most stamps.  Just ink over the tape and peel it off before stamping.   I added another sentiment to the inside of the card as there are some fabulous birthday sentiments in this set.

To add the fun frame I die cut the blueprint again from paper from the Party Time pad from Echo Park and simply trimmed the fold line on the flap with scissors to remove it.





NEWS FROM THE STORE
  • We have just received the latest releases from Neat and Tangled and Stamping Bella
  • We have an order in for the new Christmas in July release from Concord and 9th which includes a re-release of the Take A Bough tree dies and it should be here by the end of the week.
  • There is a new release from Lil' Inker Designs and we should have that very soon too.
  • We are waiting on restocks hitting the UK from Kuretake but again hope to have those this week or next.



1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! There were so many lovely stamps to choose from in the MFT release this release and I went for the dinosaurs instead. I wish that I'd chosen these instead now. I need to win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team