Sunday 3 July 2016

Awesome feet

I've got a fun card today combining an older die with brand new papers.  I used the fabulous new papers from Simple Stories called Sunshine & Happiness and I wanted to point out some of the papers inside which oddly are not illustrated on the outside!  As well as the fun papers on the cover you also get 4 sheets which have little toppers/journal cards you can cut up for quick projects - here's a couple of them - aren't they fun!


I used the funky geometric and rainbow prints to create a fun and funky card with the High Top die from MFT and the co-ordinating stamps combined with the Awesome word die from Neat and Tangled.  If patterned paper scares you, especially in bright colours, then adding thin strips as accents around lots of white space is a neat trick to adding impact on a CAS card.


I cut the die from the paper and then the layering elements from white card and coloured the top layer with a green marker.  I love the detail in this die - it really comes to life when you add the little circles around the lace holes!  I added some twine for laces and did have a bow but I decided I liked the cleaner look without it.    I used the sentiment from the matching stamp set to create my sentiment by using the "Be" from Be Authentic and doing a little stamp surgery with some sharp scissors.  I know this can be a little scary but it really doesn't damage them and you can use the sentiment as intended too by placing them back together on your block but cutting them up is a good way to get more out of your stash, as is adding in die cuts or sentiments from other sets or even brands to get a different look and the exact sentiment you want to express.



NEWS FROM THE STORE 

The issues with customs are finally sorted - fingers crossed - this has been an ongoing issue since March relating to the change of name but hopefully the "right" person now has put the "right" information into the "right" box on the system and we should no longer get anymore  holdups.  Therefore this week we should receive deliveries from:
  • Stamping Bella
  • Neat & Tangled
  • and the massive and fabulous 10th Birthday release from My Favorite Things.
  • We will also get the new release from Newton's Nook but that isn't released until mid-July so you'll have to hang on a little while for that one ;-)
As you may be aware if you follow our Facebook feed (where I post updates as and when they happen so the best place to keep in touch with what is going on in the store) my husband had a fall yesterday and has torn his cartilage in his knee and is now on crutches.  Therefore our service may be a little slower than normal for the next couple of weeks as not only is he unable to help out around the store but I will need to devote some time to helping him and to do the household duties that normally fall to him too.  I will do my best to still get everything out of the door as quickly as I can but please bear with me if it takes a little longer than normal.

As we had so much stock this weekend and then all the upset yesterday, the winners post and new July challenge have slipped a little.  I will announce the winners this afternoon and we will start the new challenge tomorrow.

Catch you all next week
Tara


 

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. I did that once and know how excruciating it is. I am amazed you got time to make cards as well. Sending good wishes for both of you from this end. Hugs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about DH, yes it's painful. Thanks for letting us know and updating us...much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your card today, it's so bright and cheerful! Thank you for the updates and best wishes to Rick for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team