Saturday 16 July 2016

Touchy-Felty

Hi crafters! Today I’m getting touchy-felty with you! I have never before used felt on my projects, mainly because it was so hard to find a good felt for die-cutting. A good felt is one that can be easily cut, retains that shape, and doesn’t go all fussy on me after handling it. Seven Hills Crafts in the UK are now stocking felt that is perfect and I’ll show you today just how intricate you can go with it.


Because I had to know for myself what I could put this felt through, I grabbed a pretty intricate die set from My Favorite Things – as you can see the petals of those Gerberas are pretty thin and I wondered if the felt could handle that. In a rare occasion of foresight I even added some double-sided adhesive to the felt before die-cutting it so it would be easier to adhere one layer on top of the others later. It cuts like butter (I did it on my Grand Calibur), and you can remove it easily from the die itself. Through the pressure in the die-cutting machine, the adhesive really sticks to the felt so it’s easy to adhere it to another surface.


For some finishing touches, I added some silver beads to the center of my flower using Glossy accents, and then added sparkly dots with my Stardust Gel pen on top of the felt! Worked like a charm! The sentiment is from Paper Smooches – they have some fantastic sentiment sets which are perfect for all occasions.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Love the colours - the felt looks gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team