Saturday 9 July 2016

Doodle Up Your Stamps!

Hello crafty friends! Today I want you to grab any stamp – florals with little details might be best – and a fine-line pen and we’ll add lots of details to our images with no drawing skills required.

I started out with the My Favorite Things Build-able Bouquet flowers, which I stamped with My Favorite Things Licorice ink. I had also prepared some masks with the matching dies and Post It tape.


Since I cut the masks with the dies, they did have a small border (so they are larger than the actual images). That’s not a problem,  because you can use your pen to draw in the missing lines. Once you’ve done that, you can start your doodling – and I kept it very simple and only added some very easy patterns to the blossoms and some of the leaves.


As you can see, these few pen strokes add an incredible amount of detail to the stamped images and if you feel comfortable doodling, you can branch out and use more complex patterns. This  works best with open and simple images like the ones I used here, of course. If you’ve ever done Zentangling, now is the time to dust off those patterns.


The final touch were the white highlights I added with my gel pen – that’s totally optional. You can add that, but certainly don’t have to. I just thought they would add quite a bit of contrast and interest. Of course, I couldn’t help but add some glitter with my Stardust gel pens, too.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!


4 comments:

  1. So very pretty, fun colours and technique..I've just received the stamp set so will be giving this one a go..Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. L O V E!! It looks completely different with just a little bit of doodling! What an awesome idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab technique! The flowers look fabulous and they make a beautiful funky card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super idea and card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team