Monday 28 October 2019

Big Holly Jolly

I have another splash of Christmas cheer from me this morning as I couldn't wait to 
watercolour this large Holly Sprig from Colorado Craft Company...


I love how the image just gatecrashes the whole card! 

I stamped the whole image out onto a piece of watercolour card with Versafine 
Onyx black ink and just enjoyed having a play with water-colour ...
trying to get the areas of highlight and shadow on the leaves.


I trimmed the finished piece down to a 5" square using an aperture template to find the best
 position for the sprig on the card front. I embossed the sentiment in gold but didn't 
feel it stood out enough so embossed it in white on black card instead. I used scissors 
to trim around the sentiment and adhered it over the gold version.


I used a glue pen and some foil to add a few touches of gold as well as 
white gel pen for highlights on the berries


I'm pretty pleased how this turned out .... 
a nice stamp to practice water-colouring with 😉


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team