Monday 21 October 2019

Christmoose Wishes

Hello there,
It's been good to have some craft time this weekend after having the 
flu/bug thing last week that seems to be doing the rounds 😷 
Glad that's behind me, so onto some more fun with Flora and Fauna I thought...


This card is made using the Snow Much Fun Snow Globe stamp set plus a couple of 
older sets for extra little trimmings. I started by stamping my snowy sky onto a card base 
use dye inks so i could blend three different shade for a gradient look. 
Whilst the stamp was still in my positioning tool I stamped the image again in light ink
 on a separate panel of card so I could use it as a guide to cut out the aperture...


There is a die set to coordinate with this stamp set which would make this easier but 
as I don't own the dies, I used a craft knife and did it by hand. One of the drawbacks of 
using a knife is the abrupt raw edge you end up with, so I use a large round ended parchment 
style tool and a piece of foam underneath to run around the inside edge to smooth the cut edge.... 
it really does make a difference!


I stamped the moose and trees in coloured inks for some no line colouring with 
Copics and cut out the images... the trees are a great shape which can be shortened 
for using in background. I added some doodled woodgrain with a white gel pen and 
used the Santa hat, garland and sentiment from the Woodland Snow Globe Stamp set 
which has plenty more images you could mix with this newer set.


To add a subtle pattern around the edge of the card I used a cluster of sparkles 
and dots from Flamingo Holiday in Sno Cone dye ink.... a few touches of glitter 
glue and I was pleased with how it turned out 😊

  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team