Sunday 20 October 2019

Flocking Christmas

I've got 3 cards to share today - they all followed on from each other and took me a journey - so although they might not all look like one inspired the other, they did so let's show you how.

First of all, I was super excited to get my hands on the new two layered stencil from Altenew - the Classic Pine.  I loved the idea of it when I saw it as a product (without samples as I never see those when I order!) but once I saw samples I loved it more and now I've used it I think it might just be my favourite product of the year.  It is so easy to use and the results are fabulous!

I started off with just using the whole stencil to see how it worked out.  I used distress oxides - brushed corduroy and walnut stain for the cones and peeled paint and pine needles for, well the pine needles!  It's really easy to get shading with a detail ink blending tool.


Once I'd completed the whole stencil I just trimmed it to fit a card front and used a strip of vellum with a sentiment from Stamping Bella's Christmas Sentiments heat embossed with rose gold powder hiding the glue behind the sentiment and then fixing the vellum behind the stencilled panel.

I then wanted to play with just a small section of the stencil - but rather than die cut an element, I wanted to make a one-layer card so I used the MFT Circle Extraordinare stencil and secured that to the card, then used the pine stencil over the top to ink up just in the circle.  I drew around the edge of the circle stencil to frame it and stamped a sentiment from Waffle Flower's Holiday Hugs stamp.


To make more of a focal statement on the pine cones I dug out my flock!  I just added a little glue and sprinkled it one and then added darker glitter for shading.   I haven't flocked anything in ages but having flocked (and glittered) the pine cone I loved the texture it gave so set about with more flock for another project....


The texture of flock is perfect for snow, so I reached for another new Altenew product - The Winter Wishes stamp set.  I wanted a simple technique to show off the flock so opted for some very simple pencil colouring on dark card stock with a white embossed image.   Took just a few minutes to stamp and colour the entire card.   I then just added glue and flock where the heavier stamped lines suggested now.   Finished with another sentiment from Stamping Bella's Christmas Sentiments and a few shimmering stars from the Away in a Manger stencil from Echo Park.

So that's the journey from pine cones to snow scenes - it's all about the flock!



NEWS FROM THE STORE

We've for a couple of things going on this week so will be out of the office on Wednesday afternoon and all day Friday.   We will have a post drop on Wednesday although a little earlier than our normal one, we won't be able to post anything on Friday - so if you need something urgently, get your orders in by Wednesday and we'll make sure we post it Thursday.

We should get our delayed Newton's Nook delivery on Monday and will get it in store asap.

We are also expecting a Ranger restock delivery on Tuesday fingers crossed - we should have all the oxides as well as alcohol inks back in stock as well as lots of other oos products.

That's about it on the news front this week.

Catch you later

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team