Wednesday 23 October 2019

Thank Ewe!

Hello, crafters!

Tallie here with you today with a quick and simple (at least, for me!) card design featuring the Avery Elle Peek-a-boo Pets stamp set and some alpha dies. A simple pun livens up this thank you card!

Starting with the background panel, I made a DIY stencil from some acetate and a Nesting Circles die. I aligned the circle over a white A6 panel and blended on some Distress Oxide inks in my favourite sky combo: Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio.

I stamped out two shee and their trotters (if that's what you call them?) from the Avery Elle Peek-a-boo Pets stamp set with some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending cardstock and coloured them in with my alcohol markers. To get the impression of really fluffy sheep, I used small 'C' shapes with some light earthy colours. I cut these out with the coordinating dies.


To create the punny sentiment, I used some more contrasting Distress Oxide Inks in Fired Brick, Candied Apple and Abandoned Coral to colour a white panel. I have a few favourite alpha dies for such occasions : (1) Lawn Fawn Finley's ABCs for taller and chunkier letters; (2) Concord & 9th Simple Serif Alphabet Dies for wider and squatter letters; or (3) Neat & Tangled Journalling Alphas dies for tall and skinny letters. I chose the Finley's ABCs as I thought these would fit better in the space, stacking three layers to give some dimension.


I needed a simple sentiment so I white heat embossed a partial sentiment from the MFT Bitty Thanks & Gratitude stamp set, trimming it into a strip and foam mounting it above the the alphas.

I'm now trying to think of other sentiments that I could use with this type of design. Or perhaps you could use the letters to personalise the card with the name of a recipient!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team