Wednesday 9 October 2019

Wild for You: Comic Book Style!

Hello, crafty friends! It's Tallie here today.

I love the idea of your cards telling a story - a collection of 'scenes' if you like - and the comic book style is a great way of doing this. Today I chose two jungle/safari sets from Lawn Fawn, Wild for You and Critters on the Savanna, to create an assortment of scenes. I have a friend who absolutely loves animals, so either of these cards would be perfect to wish them a happy birthday!


Step 1: Choose a Layout

With these type of cards, the layout is the most important part. I know I had 4 animals to create scenes with so I chose two simple frame designs. In the first each of the compartments is separate, whereas the sentiment in the second joins two of the compartments. I sketched both of these designs out on paper, leaving a 0.5cm gap around the edges of the A6 card panel, and practice stamped out my scenes. Once I was ready, I used an alcohol marker friendly black pen to draw the frames onto an A6 blending card panel.


Step 2: Stamp and Mask the Scenes

These scenes can sometimes take quite a bit of masking. The key thing to remember is: stamp the elements nearest to you first, the furthest from you last. I used a variety of different elements from the sets and then used my marker to add in horizon lines or draw the sentiment bubbles.


Step 3: Colour it In!

The final and most fun part is to colour it all in! I used my alcohol markers, ensuring I used at least three markers for each colour to add some depth to the scene. To give some added texture to the creatures or the ground, I used the dotting technique - adding dots of colour with each of the markers.


Try it out and see what scenes you can compose. The possibilities are endless! I'd love to see what you create so do share it with the rest of us in the SHC VIPs group, or tag myself (@talliescrafts) and #sevenhillscrafts if you post on instagram!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team