Thursday 31 October 2019

Good Things Come In Small Packages!

Hey!

Today I wanted to share the fun and creativity I have had with one tiny stamp set from Flora and Fauna, the Mini Merry & Bright stamp.




This is my first purchase of Flora and Fauna products, so I wasn't sure how 'mini' the stamp set was, but gaging from the £3.95 price I knew it would be fairly small. This didn't put me off, it inspired me as to how creative I could get with these two stamps! 

First of all I wanted to use the foliage stamp to create a wreath, with the sentiment stamped inside.  This is really easy to do with a stamping tool and I also used a homemade wreath building template to guide me. There are lots of templates & guides on Google.




For this card I decided just to stamp the foliage four times to create a circular wreath. I was tempted stamp another four times to fill the gaps with a darker green ink, but I didn't want to loose the detail of the beautiful image.




Again I used a stamping tool to stamp the sentiment and I also added some very fine dots of coloured dimensional to the itty bitty berries in the stamped foliage image. I felt this added a lovely realistic finish without going over the top.

Next I went for another clean and simple design, using the foliage to accent the sentiment rather than frame it.



For this card I stamped the foliage in a slightly darker Altenew green, Moss. This is one of my favourite greens, especially for Christmas cards. Again I added some very fine dots of coloured dimensional to the itty bitty berries in the stamped foliage image. 




Lastly for today I stepped out of my comfort zone and used a coloured card base, along with a less clean and simple design.




For this card I again used the darker Moss shade of Altenew ink and randomly stamped the foliage image onto my green card base. I then added all the fine dots of coloured dimensional to the itty bitty berries in the stamped foliage image! This was quite time consuming, but the results are so pretty.




So you can gauge the size of the stamps a little, the sentiment on this card is stamped onto a 4.5 cm square piece of white card and embossed with gold embossing powder. I then adhered it to a 5 cm square piece of red card and adhered it to the card using foam adhesive. 

That's all from me this week, I hope I have inspired you to give these mini clear stamp sets a try! Have a lovely and safe Halloween if you celebrate and don't eat too many sweet treats ;)

Crafty Hugs 
Bev x

Products Used:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team