Wednesday 16 October 2019

It's a Penguin Parade!

Hello, Tallie here with you today!

I say this every time Mama Elephant come out with one of these sets, but I love the new Penguin's Waddle stamp set. They are so great for practising your colouring and you have a scene card created without much effort.


I started out with the A6 background panel, ink blending on some of my favourite wintery sky Distress Oxide colours: Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. The key to getting good dimensional layers in a snowy background is three different layers: 1) clean water splatters, 2) bigger splats of white acrylic using a larger brush, and 3) smaller splats of white acrylic using a smaller brush or toothbrush.


I stamped out the penguins from the Mama Elephant Penguin's Waddle stamp set in some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending card stock. I coloured the cute little scene in with my alcohol markers, sticking to some warm greys, purples and pinks for the colour scheme. If I added another colour (like the yellow) I tried to use the 'rule of threes' and place it in three different places on the card to balance it. I cut this out with the coordinating die and foam mounted it to my background panel.


I'm a big fan of simple sentiments so the new MFT Bitty Holiday Wishes Stamp Set has all sorts of sentiments to choose from. I chose one with a line from one of my favourite Christmas songs and white heat embossed it onto a strip of black card, foam mounting it above the penguins.

A few touches of Glossy Accents and the card is finished!

Try out your own scene cards!

Catch you next week.

Tallie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team