It's Bev here again with some more Hero Arts product inspiration. I promise I will share inspiration using other companies too ;)
Today I am sharing three cards and a bonus card using Hero Arts Flower Garden Bold Prints, the whimsical floral pattern really stood out to me.
This stamp is HUGE when it comes to stamps, it's a 6 x 6" and it is a cling style rubber stamp. Before the days of using a stamping tool, this size stamp would have put me off buying it a little. However, with the use of a stamping tool, this stamps beautifully every time.
First up I chose to stamp the design in good old VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I absolutely love this black ink and other when using alcohol markers, it's my go to.
For this card I used coloured pencils to colour the details of the stamped image. With such a busy pattern I trimmed it to just over half the width of my base card and added a small sentiment from Mama Elephant - Paola's Wishes.
The size of these sentiments are just right for a focal point on a card and I adore the script hand drawn font to them too.
Not a fan of colouring, well then how about some heat embossing. A lovely pattern like this already has impact, so some simple heat embossing in white onto some coloured card is another great option for this stamp.
I used Hero Hues premium card stock in Azalea, its a lovely bright raspberry colour, one of my favourites! I used VersaMark ink and Hero Arts Detail White Embossing Powder.
And like my first card I added another of the sentiments from Mama Elephant - Paola's Wishes. This time heat embossed onto some black card, layered with white and adhered to the card front using foam adhesive.
Lastly I was inspired by the Autumnal weather and gave my Distress Oxide Inks an outing. This is another option for those that want a quicker option of adding multiple colours...
I started with a piece of smooth white card 10.5 x 14 cm, blending my chosen DOI colours of Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilzed Amber & Scattered Straw from top to bottom. I then splattered it with some watercolour water that I'd left on my desk which had a little shimmer to it, a little happy accident!
I used a MFT Stitched Rectangle Die to die cut my panel. The sentiment is from Concord & 9th Confetti Turnabout and it is stamped and embossed onto a scrap of brown card and adhered using foam adhesive.
Now for my bonus card...
Amazingly, when I was die cutting my rectangle I actually thought about the placement of it prior to cutting! This maximised the use of my off cuts to create this card.
The die cut frame is adhered to a kraft card base using foam adhesive and then I have added a die cut and stamped sentiment from Concord & 9th Turnabout Tool Kit.