Wednesday 30 October 2019

Simple Backgrounds for CAS Cards

Hello, Tallie here.

More often recently I am finding I am creating cards that move towards the CAS - clean and simple - style. Lots of white space, one layer and perhaps one central image. Sometimes, just adding a simple shaped background can frame your central image and create a focal point. Today, I used the Mama Elephant Fuzzy Hugs stamp set, two sentiment sets and my alcohol markers to create two different cards.


I started by stamping out the adorable central image of hugging bears in some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending cardstock. I then stamped out the sentiment from the Sugar Pea Designs Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set, centred underneath the hugging bears.


I then took out my alcohol markers and coloured the image in.


To create the background, I drew around one of my heart dies that perfectly framed the image lightly in pencil (make sure it is lightly as the pencil will be trapped under the marker ink). I then selected three coordinating teal markers and coloured in the heart, keeping it darker at the bottom and lighter at the top.

A little light grey shading under their feet grounds the image nicely.

This design is versatile and can be adapted to any shape or stamp set. Here's another example using the Mama Elephant Fuzzy Hugs stamp set and the MFT Bitty Thanks & Gratitude Stamp set.


Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team