Wednesday 2 October 2019

Snow Friends One Layer Scene

Hello, Tallie here. Today I have a one layer winter scene featuring the Snow Friends stamp set from Mama Elephant's latest release. I've really been into creating one layer scenes recently so I wanted to keep the design simple so the colouring would stand out.


I started out by planning out my scene so I knew what order to stamp the elements in - 1) Bunny and Dog, and 2) Bear. I stamped the bunny and dog snowmen first with some MFT Extreme Black ink onto some blending cardstock, covering with some fussy-cut masks once dry. I could then stamp the larger bear snowman so it was in the background and again cover with a mask.

I wanted to create a circular focal point to the card so I used an MFT Stitched Inside & Out Circle die to create my own acetate stencil. I layered this over the stamped scene and blended on some Distress Oxide Inks in Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio. This is my favourite winter sky combo!


After removing the masks, I added some colour to the scene using my alcohol markers. I stuck to more muted accent colours rather than bright reds, greens and purples.


I wanted to keep it simple so I chose one of the sentiments from the Mama Elephant Scripty Xmas stamp set, centring it just below the scene.

A few last accents with a white gel pen to make it into a snowy scene finished off the card.


Hopefully it's not too early to start inspiring you with my Christmas cards! :)

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


 

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team