Saturday 12 October 2019

Merry Christmas

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Are you excited for the Mama Elephant release week, too? They always come up with the sweetest designs. And I know, when I buy something I will love it for a long time - just like the set I used for today's card. Mama Elephant's Polar Pals is an older set but still soooo cute  - love it.


I started by stamping the penguin pair with an alcohol marker friendly ink. Penguins are always easy to colour and I only had to pick a few colours of my alcohol markers. To cut the images out there are coordinating dies available.

I love that the penguins can hold a banner with Merry. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed it in white on orange cardstock matching the beaks and feet. To go with the Merry I wanted a big Christmas but didn't found one that would fit in my stash. So I decided to go with alphabet dies. This one by Lil'Inker Designs is called Mixed & Stitched Alphabet. It's a great set as you get upper and lower case letters.


I prepared a piece of white cardstock: I added ink blending in various cool colours and spritzed water and watered up white gesso on it. As it was dry I die cut the letters from that piece.

For the background I choose cardstock in a very light aqua colour and heat embossed snowflakes from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic for a very subtle effect.

To give the scene a frame I die cut the biggest of My Favorite Things' Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames. And that finished up my card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team