Sunday 3 September 2017

A Quick Hello

I've got a really quick and easy card to share today.  I like to have lots of "hello" cards in my stash as I often find I need a quick card to add to something I'm sending someone for no particular reason so having some simple hello cards on hand means I know I have something "sentiment appropriate" when I need it.

I wanted to have a play with one of the new embossing folders we got recently - it reminds me of 60's cartoons - The Christmas Magic folder from Echo Park.


I embossed the folder onto some dark grey card stock and then used some silver gilding wax to highlight some of the lovely stars.  To keep with the metallic theme I stamped and embossed a simple hello greeting onto some more of the same coloured card stock using AlteNew's Filled Alpha stamp set and silver and gold embossing powder.  This is really useful alphabet if you want elegant simplicity as you can opt for a number of different patterns to fill in the details of the letters.

NB - we are still plugging away at getting all the items (yes all 8000+ of them!) categorised so now for example, if you click on AlteNew as a brand and want to easily find all the embossing powders they sell, click on embossing powder until item type in the categories you'll see on the left of the screen.  You can also search by them such as birthday, masculine, alphabet etc from within the brands (we are working through on a brand by brand basis so only the brands we have worked on have the menus activated)   We hope you like this feature as we think it's super handy!

To finish the card I cut the sentiment strip at an angle to add a little interest and popped it up on foam pads.  I added a few enamel dots in black and gold to tie the colours together.


NEWS FORM THE STORE

  • We've managed to get hold of a few more of the paint sets from Kuretake with the free pearl set, so if you want to treat yourself to the full sized Gansai Tambi set (or buy an early Christmas gift) then now is the best time to do it!  
  • We've got a VERY large delivery from Altenew which are working on processing and adding to the store right now and will have it online asap.
  • We'll have the new release from MFT by release day on Wednesday - including the re-release of  Witch Way is the Candy ;-)
  • We should also have the Christmas release from Flora and Fauna live this week.
  • We are still waiting on delivery of the release from SugarPea Designs.
  • We also have finally managed to secure some more stamping platforms from Tonic and hope to have them in store later this week or early next.

Catch you next week.

Tara



1 comment:

  1. I like the retro-look of the card! And I am really impressed with all the work you do to make the store run smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team