Tuesday 12 September 2017

Big, Bold, and Gold Happy Birthday

I'm sharing another typographic card today, featuring the Concord & 9th Double Cut Alphabet die set. 


I went for a striking colour combination of black and white with gold for this card, and ended up making several of them. 

I die cut the letters for 'happy birthday' from the MFT Black and White basics paper pack. I love this paper pack which features only black and white graphic prints - no need to ration the black and white papers from other packs now!


I also die cut the letters from gold metallic card stock. I'll use the gold letter outlines for this card and can keep the rest of the letters for another card.

I used a cover die for the background, so I could add detail to the white card base, without adding anymore colour. Any cover dies would work well for this.


I arranged the letters on the card, adhering them with liquid glue. I decided against adding any finishing touches, as I wanted the letters to be the focus.


I think these cards work great for masculine birthdays, with the big bold sentiment taking centre stage.

Below is another example I made, with a slightly different slant on the same technique.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma

C&9th Double Cut Alphabet
Lil' inker Stitched Woodgrain





MFT Black and White Paper Pack
Avery Elle Waves

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team