Friday 22 September 2017

I'm sorry for being late, but more importantly...did I miss the cake?

Hi everybody.

Jill here, and this week, I've got the sweetest way to say sorry...


Using the adorable 'Friends For All Seasons: Fall' from Wplus9.


As card makers it's the moment we all dread isn't it?  Missing a loved one's special day.  Well this set from Wplus9 is the perfect way to say sorry and send a belated card...and how can anybody stay miffed with a critter as cute as this delivering your message?


My card was very simple to make.  I cut an aperture form a piece of cream card using My Favorite Thing's Scalloped Circles and stamped my scene onto the centre piece.  I reached for my favorite colouring medium, my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens but...and this is borderline weird...used them WITHOUT water.  Yup, I literally use them pretty much every time I craft but had never coloured with them without the addition of water!  And boy oh boy have I been missing out!  Now I'm a megafan of watercolour, always have been always will be, but it was such an eye opener to see how they work on their own.  So bright and vibrant and blend so beautifully.  So now I love them twice as much :)


I stamped out a second set of the balloons so I could have them coming out from the aperture and adhered using foam tape to give them some dimension.
My sentiment is a sweet belated greeting and is from the same Friends For All Season set.
I actually stamped a few of the wee stamps from the set, the hearts and stars, across my background and clear heat embossed for a tone on tone effect but, sadly, my poor photography skills have done the details an injustice.


As always, everything I used is linked below so if you need a 'go to' apology in your stash, be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx


Friends for All Seasons:  FallStitched Mini Scallop Circle STAX Die-namic Image 1Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team