Friday 15 September 2017

Making New Friends Under the Sea

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm enjoying my first fling with the store's newest addition, Flora and Fauna.


Using their oh-so-sweet Under The Sea.


It is so exciting to see a new company in the store, especially one that grabs your attention because all their sets float your boat!  I just love their style, so sweet and whimsical.  They are also unlike any thing else within my collection which makes it even better!  I have my eye on a ton of their sets that I now want.
I started my card by stamping out a few of the waves onto watercolour card stock and clear heat embossing, then washing some blue inks across it creating an emboss resist background.  I then stamped out all of the elements from the set I wanted to use and coloured using my Zigs.  I fussy cut my fun characters leaving a white trim to emulate the look I would get from matching dies, and coloured around the edges in a pale blue so they would melt into the background better.


I then stamped some of the coral and seaweed across the bottom of my card.  When it came to building my scene I really wanted my beautiful mermaids to come right forward and have some movement to them so made a couple of little acetate hinges to attach them to the card.  It's obviously hard to portray in still pictures, but they actually dance and wiggle as if frolicking in the sea! 


I finished by stamping the simple sentiment straight onto my panel.


I'm really happy with how this card came out, and can't wait to play with some more of their gorgeous goodies! 

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to stop for a peek.

...Now if anybody wants me I'll just be over here making a space for what will be my new Flora and Fauna collection :)

See you next week.

Jillx

Under The SeaZig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! That same set was the first Flora and Fauna set to go on my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team