Wednesday 6 September 2017

Birthday Gnome

Hi everyone, it's Tallie here. I'm excited to join the team and am starting off with a Birthday Gnome to brighten up your Wednesday!

I love these cute little gnomes from the MFT You Gnome Me set - I think it's the ears! I stamped this little guy out using some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and coloured him in using my alcohol markers. I wanted to avoid a Christmassy vibe so I chose some teal colours to partner the reds. I then cut him out with the coordinating dies.

I needed a bold background for him to stand against so I chose the MFT Spotlight Sentiments set. I stamped it repeatedly on a white card panel in a gradient pattern using the Merman, Peacock, Tea Dye and Walnut inks from the Lawn Fawn Gazebo, Candy Store and Tea Party Ink Cubes. Once dry, I die cut it using the largest frame from the Wonky Stitches Elle-ments dies and adhered some teal ribbon from my stash to break up the border between the brown and teals.

With a little bit of foam tape on the back of the little gnome I popped him up on the front panel, which I then adhered to an A2 side folding kraft card base. I felt like it needed a little something else so I stamped an additional sentiment from the MFT Things With Wings stamp set, coloured with the same red alcohol markers and made into a banner. That and a few clear sequins finishes it off nicely, I think.

Thanks for reading, see you next week.

Tallie



      
  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team