Monday 11 September 2017

Flamazing Flamingos

My card this week was inspired by a recent rerun of a documentary about wildlife in the African Rift Valley I watched recently as I was totally gobsmacked by the aerial shot of millions of flamingos on a lake there.  I'd never imagined so many flamingos could exist in one place - a little like this photo!


So I pulled out the recently released Flamazing stamp and die set from MFT and went to town with a whole heap of masking to come up with this cluster of one layered pinkness :-)


Remember the trick with any masking technique is to work from foreground to background so when you cover up your images in the foreground, the ones you stamp over the top automatically look like they are behind them.  I used 3 shades of pink from the Altenew Cherry Blossom cube sets to emphasise this - getting paler towards the back as the further away an object is the lighter it will look.

I used the die cuts one post-it tape to create lots of quick masks and used a tonal pink pencil to fill in any gaps.  Once I'd finished my flamboyance of flamingos I popped the masks back on so I could add the water and grasses (which are actually the leaves for the tulips just stamped across each other at an angle to get a grassy look) and finished with a sentiment from the set.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

As I am currently suffering with a flare up of a medical condition I have which causes me severe pain, I am struggling to sit for long periods, so as there is only Rick and I here who do everything, your orders may be a little slower than normal in shipping this week.  Apologies for the delay and we hope normal service will resume asap.

As I do all the adding of new stock to the store, new arrivals may also be affected this week, but again we will do our best to get all the new arrivals on as quickly as we can.

We expect the following in the next week to 10 days:
  • SugarPea Designs
  • Hero Arts August Kit Add-Ons (kits are still exclusive to Hero Arts so we can only buy the add-ons and we will always be a month or so behind the live kit releases)
  • Mama Elephant
  • Reverse Confetti
  • Neat and Tangled (this will be a bit late as we were waiting for some late items to come so it could all ship together)
  • Lil' Inker Designs  (this will be a bit late as we were waiting for some late items to come so it could all ship together)
  • Newton's Nook
  • Stamping Platforms from Tonic
Thanks for your understanding

Tara





3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly. Everyone knows you give the best service, so I am sure they will understand if things are a little slower whilst you are so unwell. I do hope you feel better soon. Lots of love, Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team