Monday 4 September 2017

Colour Blocked Indoor Garden

Hello there, Jenny here on a 'back to college' Monday morning for us and yes, the early start was a bit of a shock!!! 

As you know I love a good plant related stamp set so it's no surprise I had to have the Indoor Garden set from Altenew, I adore the hand-drawn style and the option to add colour with solid stamps too. 
I had a vague idea that I wanted to use a background of colour blocks and the colours were inspired by a picture on our bedroom wall...


Now there are two different ways to achieve this design and typically, I made life difficult for myself and did it the hard way!!

I stamped each image, trimmed part way around the shape and made the rest into a rectangle with a knife and ruler..... I then added colour with an alcohol marker. It would have been easier to make the background blocks with coloured card and then add the stamped and trimmed images on top (even better as coordinating dies are available!) but that's what happens when a card design evolves!! :)


The panels are adhered at two different heights with foam dimensionals and rather than use a sentiment, I chose a phrase from the Garden Grow set and added a dashed line to balance the layout.

                                

I hope your week gets off to a good start and thanks for stopping by :)

Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and so stylish. I actually think your 'harder' way of making this card is better and gives a much nicer effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how cool is this?! LOVE this..great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team