Wednesday 13 September 2017

Merry and Bright

Hello everyone, Tallie here, and I'm bringing you a little bit of early Christmas cheer. Like Anni, I like to get an early start on my card making and this set from Winnie & Walter is super cute!


I started with a white card base and stamped the dove image and sentiment from the Happy Owlidays set in some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. I then coloured in the dove using some grey and orange alcohol markers and covered with a layer of clear Wink of Stella to give that little bit of festive shine.

Since I wanted a strong background to make the bird stand out, I covered him in some Nuvo Crystal Glaze so that I could use a resist technique and keep the bird bright and clean. Once completely dry (I left it overnight just to be sure) I blended some Salty Ocean Distress Ink, focusing the strongest colour around the edge of the bird. I then buffed off any ink that remained on top of the glaze with a dry kitchen towel. This is such an easy background technique for elements like this white bird and you want to be sure of a clean edge.


A few crystal clear sequins finished off the clean and simple design that is easy to replicate.

Thanks for reading, see you next week!

Tallie



  

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team