Monday 25 September 2017

Watercolour Foliage Die-cuts

Hello there, Jenny here to start your week off with a simple card featuring some seasonal foliage.

I've used dies from two different sets by Flora and Fauna and cut them with
 watercolour card so I could paint them, I have used the Hero Arts Dot palette by Daniel Smith
 which is currently out of stock but any watercolours you have would work

I kept the colours limited to shades of reds and greens after deciding which leaves and berries to use. Before arranging them on my card I used a paintbrush and water to add a background wash of Old Paper Distress ink in a rough rectangular shape..... I wasn't sure whether I'd like it or not but I think it works well :)


I'm really happy with this design and its something you could easily replicate for lots of cards and change up the colours and leaves for different seasons too :) I kept the sentiment small and plain to nestle in with the foliage.... it's from the Sweet Succulents set by MFT.

                               

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team