Friday 29 September 2017

Wild, free, and floaty like a feather.

Hi everybody

Jill here, and this week I'm bringing out my inner hippy...


...using the gorgeous Boho Vibes from Reverse Confetti.


I absolutely adore this set.  It is so effortlessly cool and has a real laid back chilled feel to it.  I also love a set that has encouraging or positive messages as oppose to just your standard greetings.
I wanted my card to reflect the 'free and easy' feel of the set so kept things very simple and, hopefully, with a natural fluidity to my design.
I started by stamping out my feathers, first with the the centre image then masking off as I stamped each other feather either side, then stamping out my sentiment across the top. I then used masking fluid to cover my feather design so i could get a really nice soft watercolour wash across the background.  


I used Distress Inks as my watercolour medium using the same palette to colour my feathers (once the masking fluid had dried and been peeled away) but without nearly as much water so the colours were much more vibrant and intense. 


Once my design was dry I added a bow of natural twine to keep the design fresh and organic and there you have.


I really hope you like it and makes you want to reach for the flares and flowers and get on down to the sounds of the sixties :)

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peep.

See you next week.

Jillx

Boho Vibes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team