Friday 8 September 2017

Partying with Birthday Buddies

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm partying with some old friends...


...using Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies.


This set is from way back when and is still absolutely amazing.  It is Jam packed with fun-filled characters and cute punny sentiments all in a cool quirky font.  It was an absolute pleasure to be reacquainted with these brilliant Birthday Buddies.
I started my card by stamping out all of the characters I wanted to use from the Birthday Buddies set and coloured them brightly using Copics. I then fussy-cut.  I also stamped out, coloured and fussy-cut a ton of balloons from Paper Smooches Hullabaloo set to use as a fun colourful backdrop.
I then used my Peek-a-boo die from My Favourite Things to cut my panel and built up my scene behind it using wet glue and foam adhesive to give dimension.


I then matted my panel onto a piece of patterned paper and mounted onto a card blank.  My sentiment is from the Hullabaloo set which I stamped onto a balloon and added a string.
I embellished with a cluster of ribbon tabs and flags to tie the whole design together, and there you have it.



I really hope you like it and it inspires you to give some of your older sets a fresh outing.

As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Birthday Buddies Image 1Hullabaloo Image 1Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Windows Dienamic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team