Saturday 23 September 2017

Happy Hippos

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I instantly fell in love with My Favorite Things' Happy Hippos when they were released - I think a lot of you did, too! Esecially the tiny birds in the set are so cute.
Today I have a quite simple card for you featuring those hippos.



I started by stamping the images in my favorite black ink for alcohol markers: My Favorite Things' Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. For the colours I tried to go with a combination I usually don't use. Most of the time my cards contain some shade of turquoise - my go to colour. But from time to time I'm challenging myself to go out of my comfort zone and try something new.
For the hippos and the birds two colours were set: grey and yellow. Grey counts as a neutral colour so I chose two more colours to go with yellow (following the rule of three) and that was a pale violett and a bright pink.


For the sentiment I searched for a small one in my stash so it wouldn't compete with the cute images. I found one in My FavoriteThings' Birthday Bears set. I stamped it on a stripe of pink cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

What about you? Do you have a favorite colour combo that you use most of the time? Or a go.to colour? And do you try from time to time to stay away from these colours?

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni

      

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! This card is just gorgeous! I love the hippos and birds - sooooo cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team