Sunday 10 September 2017

Munch Thanks

Hi there, Jenny here popping by today as poor Tara is feeling unwell and will hopefully be along tomorrow with a project to share and a news update.


So for today's project I've been inking up another of the fun Flora & Fauna sets..... by the way, did you see their new Christmas release just arrived in store too? Definitely worth checking out with some fabulous dies and stamps 😉

.... anyway I digress, I have used the cute set called Thanks a Munch for this card and started by stamping a few of the large solid leaves on a piece of card to roughly follow part of a circle edge and then used a circle die to cut them out.


I trimmed away one side of the circle and then used the partial cutting technique to cut an inner circle which gave me a narrow frame at the top and then fussy cut around the leaves.

On my card base I used a negative mask to help me contain some extra stamped images within the space of the circular frame...


Then it was time to adhere the leafy frame using wet glue around the outer edges and a few foam dimensionals on the inner parts of the leaves. I stamped and cut a few extra to add some dimension and popped in a little ladybird too 😊


I love the little typed font for the sentiments in the Flora & Fauna sets and I was able to curve this one just slightly to follow the edge of the circle frame and nestle it in that perfect spot 😊



Well that just leaves me to say 'Thanks so Munch' for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. What a great design for a really gorgeous card. I love the whimsical look of Flora and Fauna stamps and this slightly reminds me of The Hungry Caterpillar book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card and something different too! I must try out the Flora and Fauna stamps as they look so sweet. Get well soon wishes to Tara too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant construction and such a cute card! (made me think of the very hungry caterpillar :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team