Tuesday 26 September 2017

Alpaca My Scarf Shaker Card

I love the Lawn Fawn Winter Alpaca stamp set as the sentiment always makes me smile. 

I went to a farm park with my nieces recently, and we saw some alpacas. I told them about the sentiment and it made them laugh too, so I thought I would make cards for them featuring the winter alpaca. Today I'm sharing one of these cards. 


This card was quick to make so would work well for Christmas cards, perhaps with more traditional Christmas colours.

I used a rectangle peekaboo window from MFT to cut a window in a piece of card. I also used one of the MFT shaker pouches. I'm a huge fan of the shaker pouches as it makes it so easy to create an interactive card. 

On a card base, I blended some ink and flicked with water for droplet details.

I added some Hero Arts Ombré purple sequins to the shaker pouch. This is a large pack with a really beautiful mix of iridescent sequins, that show different colours when they catch the light. 

I attached the card panel with shaker to the card base to seal in the sequins. 


For the sentiment, I used a stitched hillside die to cut down a piece of card. I added the sentiment, then attached the hill to the card with foam tape. 


The alpaca is coloured with alcohol markers, and I added a patterned paper scarf. I used a mix of foam tape and double sided adhesive to add the alpaca to the card.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

LF Simple Stitched Hillside Borders

LF Winter Alpaca
Hero Arts Ombre Sequins

MFT Rectangle Peek A Boo

MFT Rectangle Shaker Pouches





2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team